Responsible to deliver outstanding service to both internal and external customers. Assist in the troubleshooting of the network topology in day to day operations to ensure constant uptime and data integrity. The network is not limited to the network attached equipment, but also includes imaging systems, communication devices and any other devices attached to the network. Provide technical support to personnel and management concerning hardware and software. To work as part of a team by providing guidance and assisting others in an efficient, professional manner.
• Provides superior customer service, answering general and technical questions from end-users supporting multiple accounts.
• Accurately document all correspondence with end-users.
• Handles issues in a tactful manner and effectively deal with difficult situations.
• Enters commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Sets up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
• Develops training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Confers with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Prepares evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
• Expected to be to work all scheduled work days, during scheduled hours and report to work on time.
• Other special projects or responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Help Desk Support.
• Flexibility to work different shifts (24/7) with the possibility of overtime, when needed.
• Proficient in MS Office suite.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (SKAs)
• Computer and Electronics- the individual is knowledgeable with circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Customer Service-The individual will assist internal and external customers by delivering prompt and professional superior customer service.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops
realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able
to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management
direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and
uses equipment and materials properly.
• Associate’s degree in computer systems or related field preferred.
• Sitting for long periods of time, completing tasks using a computer and other office equipment.
• Position requires frequent talking, hearing, and vision with moderate standing, walking and reaching.
• May require lifting up to 10 lbs.
• Job position responsibilities are generally performed in a business office environment with computers, printers